Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thing 10

Well guys like I have been saying all along here is another "thing" that I had no idea about. I know about the copyright law, but I did not know what creative commons or CC. I found it very interesting that people want to share their work and this is a way that they can do it without having to contact the creator directly. With creative commons they can let you know exactly how they want to share their work and how you can use it.
As for me obviously I have not seen the cc on websites or other things. Now I do not usually share things on the web. In the classroom the lessons that I create are mine, but the materials that I have are copyrighted by the company. The videos and images that I use fall under the fair use policy to use for educational purposes. I think that if I can understand it better, then I can teach my students to understand it and maybe we would have less copyright issues with students and their projects.
As I continued my research, I really liked the OER Commons, because I could just type in a topic and then I would have a list of things that I could use to help me in my classroom. I also liked this one because it will will give you the way that the creator wants it to be shared. Now the CC Content Directories website is helpful to know what is used in a CC capacity. They want people to add to their website to help others know that is CC certified. But you must remember that when in doubt contact the creator.

Until next time,
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. I have read all of your blogs and I believe you will soon have to change your name from technology challenged to technology is my friend! I like how you think of a way to use everything you're learning in your classroom. I'm having a hard time with "How will I teach this?" . I'm going to have to have my students teach me how and I will learn from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle, this is Lashaquay! Since I couldn't reply to your message on moodle, I thought I would reply here. My summer is going great because it is student-free! How is yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camarokat,

    You are so kind. I have a long way to go but I am getting there slowly but surely. My head might start to swell if you keep saying such great things. Sometimes with all of the technology that we are learning about it is hard to imagine how we will use it with our students, especially if you are like me and have been teaching and are set in your ways. You will think of ways to use this in your classroom. I promise it will come to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lashaquay!!! It was good to see you in the moodle class. I am so excited to use the moodle this year. I am glad your summer is going great. Mine is good. I am teaching summer school and taking this class. I am keeping myself pretty busy. Well I will talk to you soon.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete