Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, July 9, 2010

Thing 17

Podcast, what can I say about you? I will be honest and let you know that I have never used a podcast in my classroom. I know it's so sad. I found this to be very interesting and useful. I had a hard time finding podcast specific to speech communication. However, I found some very good and useful podcast that would work well in my classroom. I love Grammar Girl. It is funny because I was taking a master's class and someone recommended to get her book. I listened to several of her podcast and as an adult it would help me to keep my grammar straight. I think that Grammar Girl could help in any class. I know with my students giving speeches in class they have a hard time with transition words. There was a podcast that would help in using transition words in their speech.

As far a as i tunes goes, I have only used it for music. I just might have to go and play with i tunes and podcast to see what the techy world has for me. There you have my take on podcast friends.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I had not heard Grammar Girl before. I like it and could actually see classroom benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is really good. I think everyone could benefit from her podcast.

    ReplyDelete