Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, July 12, 2010

Thing 22

Finally something that came really easy to me. I actually have a Facebook page. In the past I have used MySpace and I thought that it was way teenagey. I think as educators we need to know how social networking is done, because the students use it. If we understand it, then we can understand how they are technical and use it in our classrooms.
I love Facebook and how you can share information and catch up with people that you haven't seen in a while. I know that I have made connections with people from high school and even people from college. I personally enjoy reading status updates (because I am nosey!!) and looking at pictures that I would not have seen before Facebook. Sometimes if someone says something and people comment it can be a little like a blog. Also, if you are trying to start a business or gain attention for something, then facebook is a good tool to do that.
I think that Facebook has the easier features to use. It is easy to upload photos and add and delete information. I think as humans we need to remember not to put too much information out there. We also need to teach our students to do the same thing. I don't know if I would ever have a use for Facebook in my classroom, but it is fun!!!!!!

Check out Michelle's Page!!!!

Talk to you soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. You make a great point about being careful how much information we put out there. I know I've caught myself giving info about where my daughters' live, school, etc. It's very easy to "accidently" give out too much. I don't think our students realize it.

    ReplyDelete